This week we’ve had the opportunity to express gratitude for the steady hands of surgeons, for the speed of life flights, and for injuries minor enough to be taken care of with supplies in the first aid isle at Target. It’s been wild week for our family and friends and I find myself grateful for text messages, real-time updates on Facebook, and the chance to support those I love with prayer.
Even in difficult circumstances, we can find ways to express our gratitude. It’s all about how we look at it, isn’t it? Going forward our challenge is to find ways to be more grateful.
Here we go….
- Did you try the “Three Blessings” exercise yet? Try it for a week. Notice how it changes your perspective.
- Next time you find yourself beginning to complain about something – or someone – stop yourself and state a reason you are grateful in the situation – or why you are grateful for that person.
- Next time you find yourself worrying, do the same.
- Begin the habit of thinking about what you are grateful for while brushing your teeth, driving to work, or enjoying your morning coffee break. Fill your mind with gratitude.
- When you hear someone else complain, respond with a grateful statement. There is always a silver lining. Find it. State it.
With any week focused on being grateful, it has to end with me telling you how grateful I am that you read these posts. Thank you for giving your precious resource of time to this blog. You are appreciated and I’m so happy you are here.